Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day 1 - Beginning of the rest of my life!

Today is day 1 of a VLCD (very low calorie diet) with the use of sublingual HGH. (weight 266.5lbs)I'm feeling very hungry right now. I will have to get use to NOT eating anything for breakfast. I can only have non-calorie beverages for breakfast. This morning I had coffee w/Splenda and 1 tbsp of milk. I really have to get use to this. I am experiencing some quizziness, but compared to how I usually feel after eating something that know I don't need, I think I can handle it. Besides it's almost Lunch time for me.

I haven't really taken my measurements personally. They were taken at my first doctor's visit though, but I don't remember what they were exactly.Usually and appetite suppressant is given with this program, but as I am being evaluated for heart condition, I will forego this aspect of it, unless she says I'm able to take a very low dosed one.

Here is what I am allowed to have each day until I reach my goal, and go into maintenance:

Breakfast: Any non-calorie fluids such as Tea/coffee, soda water, mineral water, diet soda (up to 2 cans a day), water -at least 10 glasses a day. (2 liters)

Lunch & Dinner: 3 1/2 oz of lean protein such as Veal or steak (free range only - no hormones), chicken without skin, Shrimp, Lobster, Crab meat White fish (Halibut, Swordfish, Bass, Flounder, Pike Brooke trout, Jew fish, John dory, Snapper.) NO turkey, NO ground beef.

Vegetables- Lunch & Dinner: 3/12 oz of selected vegetables- Broccoli, Cauliflower, Zucchini, Cabbage, Leek, onion, Chicory, Spinach, green salad, Chard, Beet greens, Tomatoes, Celery, Cucumber, Asparagus, Red radishes, Fennel. NO Pumpkin, Beetroot, Potatoes, Carrots, Peas, or, Corn.

Fruit- Two portions per day, at least 6 hours apart: Apple, Strawberries (6 large), Orange, 1/2 Grapefruit.

Extras:
*One tablespoon of milk a daily
*Use artificial sweeteners. NO SUGAR!!
*Salt, Pepper, Vinegar, Mustard Powder, Garlic, Sweet-Basil, Parsley, thyme, marjoram,
*and other spices are freely available as seasonings.
*NO Margarine, Butter, Oil, Dressing
*Juice of 1 lemon daily


I have to say, I do not do diet soda, but when I just have to have something with a taste or flavor, a couple of sips does the trick! I'm also to take Lipotropic tablets, potassium and a multi-vitamin everyday. Exercise has not been mentioned, but I plan to start a walking regimen daily! I do see Yoga in my future. I have a long way to go, but I have to remember, I didn't get fat over night (although I gained several pounds at a time over night), so I won't lose weight over night. It's like the title of my blog says, "I WILL lose weight, I AM losing weight!"

No comments: