Monday, April 21, 2008

I just need to get IT out.

It's late and I needed to just get out how I'm feeling. Hunger hasn't been a problem today. Just plain old boredom. Being 4 weeks postop surgery and off work for that long, is very frustrating. I am eager to get back to work and be around people. I haven't figured out how I'm going to cope with the issure of food once I do get back to work. While I'm home, I know I will do well at losing weight, but work is another story. With lunches being brought in everyday, I won't be able to afford not being prepared without a lunch from home everyday. One good thing though, is that I live about 10 minutes (in traffic) from my house so I can come home for lunch. I've pretty much decided, that is what I'm going to do everyday, but on the day when we're too busy, I will have to be prepared with a lunch from home.

Another thing to think about is the fact that I will most definitely have to prepare my dinner and lunch the night before, for the next day. I've had trouble doing this in the past when I've tried to lose weight. There are so many things to think about. I guess that's why it's called a "Lifestyle Change". It's way more than just losing weight.

I try to remember (but I forget sometimes) that in order to take care of everyone else, I have to take care of myself first. If for no other reason, than because my daughter is watching me. I do not want her to go through the struggles with weight that I have gone through (unsuccessfully I might add). I stress and emphasize to her the importance of watching what she eats, and getting daily exercise, and for the most part, she is listening and tries very hard. It's easy for her because all she has to be concerned with and focus on is herself and school. It's not really a priority for her yet, because that's all she has to do. I'm hoping when she is on her own someday, she won't lose the focus she has on her health, in the midst of career, and other worldly responsibilities that come with being an adult. Anyway, I just needed to get a few things out. to make myself feel better.

No comments: